Porcelain crowns are a durable, aesthetic choice for restoring the health and function of your smile. If a tooth is significantly damaged or decayed, Dr. Reyering, may recommend a porcelain crown.
Porcelain dental crowns cover the entire tooth structure beginning at the gumline. This restores the structure, health, and appearance of the tooth. A porcelain crown can improve your smile by:
- Completing a dental implant
- Protecting a tooth following root canal therapy
- Strengthening a fractured or weakened tooth
- Enhancing the beauty of your smile
- Supporting a tooth with a large dental filling
- Restoring a significantly decayed or damaged tooth
- Improving the function and appearance of an irregularly shaped tooth
Because our dental crowns are created from porcelain, they look just like natural teeth. Our dentist will match the shade of the porcelain crown to your natural tooth color to ensure that the dental crown is a natural-looking restoration. In most cases, porcelain crowns can be placed in only two visits to our comfortable, friendly dental office.